Munn Lake - Canceled
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is temporarily closing recreational fishing and shellfishing statewide in the wake of Washington Gov. Jay Inslee's order directing Washingtonians to stay home and stay healthy to limit the spread of coronavirus/COVID-19.The closures will begin at midnight Wednesday, March 25 and last until at least 5 p.m. on April 8, 2020. WDFW will re-evaluate on April 6 whether the closure may need to be extended.
Date: April 4, 2020
Location: Munn Lake
Registration Fee: No Charge
Munn Lake has a surface area of approximately 30 acres and reaches a depth of about 19 feet. It is open year-round. The lake offers excellent fishing for rainbow trout 10-20" and the occasional Brown Trout. The lake also supports naturally reproducing Largemouth Bass, Yellow Perch, Bluegill Sunfish, and Black Crappie. The use of bait and internal combustion motors is prohibited on Munn Lake.
Proven methods for targeting Rainbow Trout include fishing multiple chironomid imitations suspended from a float or trolling artificial flies/spinners. Brown Trout can be found on the margins of the lake in shaded areas. Shore fishing access is limited to the area around the boat launch.
There is a WDFW access with boat launch and one toilet.
What to Bring:
· Washington state fishing license
· Raft, canoe, pontoon boat, kayak, or float tube
· PFD is always recommended for riding in boats.
· Waders and wading boots
· 4-6 weight rods with floating line and/or sinking line
· 3x,4x, and maybe 5x tippet, depending on which flies you use
· Folding Chair
· Rain gear
· Hat and sunglasses
Food and Beverages:
· Bring your own.
· From Old Hwy. 99 (by Olympia Airport)
· Turn north on Henderson Blvd. 1.2 mi.
· East on 65th Ave. S.E. .3 miles to Munn Lake
· Access on right
· There is limited parking. Carpooling is very much recommended.
Cancellation Deadline: April 2, 2020. To cancel, log onto the NFA website with your email and password, go to the event, click on "Already Registered" and follow the prompts to cancel your registration.