Outing Host: James Schmidt
Registration Fee: Day Trip: No Fee
Munn Lake has a surface area of approximately 30 acres and reaches a depth of about 19 feet. It is open year-round. The lake offers excellent fishing for rainbow trout 10-20" and the occasional brown trout. The lake also supports naturally reproducing largemouth bass, yellow perch, bluegill sunfish, and black crappie. The use of bait and internal combustion motors is prohibited on Munn Lake.
Proven methods for targeting rainbow troup include fishing multiple chironomid imitations suspended from a float or trolling artificial flies/spinners. Brown trout can be found on the margins of the lake in shaded areas. Shore fishing acess is limited to the area around the boat launch.
There is a WDFW access with boat launch and one toilet.
Food & Beverages: Bring your own
What to Bring:
- Washington State fishing license
- PFD is always recommended for wading and riding in boats
- Folding chair
- Rain gear
- Hat & sunglasses
- From Old Hwy. 99 (by Olympia airport)
- Turn north on Henderson Blvd. 1.2 mi.
- East on 65th Ave. SE .3 mi. to Munn Lake
- Access on right
- There is limited parking. Carpooling is very much recommended
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your registration, please notify the outing host no later than April 4th.