Northwest Fly Anglers   

A Family Oriented Fly Fishing Club

federal waters

  • March 12, 2019 3:39 PM
    Message # 7215753

    ladies and gentlemen,

    in order to fish federal waters with a motor on a pontoon raft, even if it is under 10', the raft needs to be registered with the state like a regular boat.  does anyone have a list of washington state "federal waters" handy?  my assumption is that it is more than salt water.  no state of washington agency has been able to answer this question.


    dave preston

  • March 13, 2019 3:02 AM
    Reply # 7216474 on 7215753
    Here is a link that describes the possible answer, 3 miles offshore, and some of the history. Pick a good weather window before heading out! Don't leave without a camera either.
  • April 05, 2019 2:03 PM
    Reply # 7262346 on 7215753

    i found that the army corps of engineers and coast guard have a 14-page listing of federal waters for washington.  found under washington state navigable waters.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software