This is a no host outing. There is no fee and meals will not be provided. If you decide to go you may want to contact another registrant to car pool.
Date: October 3rd - 9th
Our campground will be in the small town of Lowell, 340 miles east of Seattle at Three Rivers Campground located right where the Lochsa and Selway Rivers converge. Just 20 miles west is the convergence of the South and Middle Forks of the Clearwater River in the town of Kooskia.. in addition to camping they have a motel and cabins. Reserve independently online..Native cutthroat and bull trout are the primary catch, taking Mayflies, Caddis or Grasshoppers. You need a well stocked fly box to cover all of these rivers. Wading will be easy on the Selway and Lochsa. Boats and pontoons can be used on the Clearwater. There are many tributaries worthy of fishing as well. The Three Rivers Campground has full facilities for comfortable tent camping as well as RV dry sites. Gas up in Kooskia before driving 20 miles to Lowell as there are no facilities available in Lowell.
What to Bring for Fishing:
- Idaho state fishing license
- Bring clothes for warmish daytime temperatures and chilly nights.
- Sun screen, a hat, and sunglasses
- Waders, wading boots, and wading staff
- 3-5 weight rods
- Floating lines with 4x and 5x leaders. Bring 6x leader material if you have to put on really small flies.
What to Bring for Camping:
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Rain gear
- Folding chair
- Water Bottle
Food & Beverages:
- Bring your own food wine, beer, or hard stuff
- Drive east on I-90 to Kooskia, ID. then 20 miles east pn Hwy. 12 to Lowell.
- Make sure your NFA registration includes an up-to-date email address and cellphone number