Methow River - Canceled
Camping Hosts: TBD
Date: July 11-12
Registration Fee: $25/person (no charge for 2 hosts)
Big bushy dry flies are of special interest to the large (up to 20 inches) cutthroat that live in the Methow River. Nymphs will also tempt these cutthroat and the healthy rainbow population. The Methow is a great river to float: fishing is allowed from the boat. Other flowing water venues are the Twist River and the Chewuck River; both best suited for wading. For the non-fishers, there is swimming, hiking, biking, shopping (Twisp's Saturday farmers market and cowboy town Winthrop), and sightseeing (Grand Coolee Dam).
We are camping at Lighting Pines Campground, on the river and across from the town of Methow. If you require only a tent site, you do NOT need to call Lightening Pines for a reservation. Reservations are required ONLY if you need a RV site/hookups/electricity. Camping and RV site fees will apply so please check with Lightning Pines Campground for fee information.
What to Bring for Fishing:
- Washington state fishing license
- 4-6 weight rods with floating lines and 3x and 4x leaders
- Patterns would include bead-head Prince nymphs (8s and 10s) and large yellow stimulators (or other grasshopper patterns).
- Waders, wading boots, and wading staff.
- Pontoon boat, rafts, or drift boat
- PFD is always recommended for wading and riding in boats.
What to Bring for Camping:
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Rain gear
- Sun screen, hat, and sunglasses.
- Bring clothes for warmish daytime temperatures and chilly nights
- Rain gear
- Folding Chair
- Water Bottle
- From Wenatchee, follow Rte. 2 and 97 north to Pateros
- Turn left on Rte. 153
- Pass through the town of Methow and turn right on Burma Rd. at the bridge
- Follow the signs to Lightning Pines Campground
Cancellation Deadline: Deadline for cancellation is 8:00 p.m. July 5th. If you need to cancel, please contact the Outing Host(s). There will be no refunds after the cancellation deadline.