Outing Hosts: Phil Friend
Registration Fee: $35.00 (does not include hosts)
Here is most of what you need to know about our upcoming trip Monday-Thursday Sept. 9-12th for Western Montana streams.
Food & Beverages:
- The $35 fee covers all the meals from Monday dinner through Thursday lunch.
- Bring your own beverages; coffee will be provided.
- You do not need to bring any cook gear or eating utensils.
What to Bring for Fishing:
- Montana fishing license.
- Rock Creek does not allow boats in September. Boats are optional if you want to fish one of the other rivers.
- PFD is always recommended for wading and riding in boats.
- 4 or 5 weight rods with floating lines.
- 3x and 4x leaders and strike indicators (for nymph fishing).
- Wet flies: Pat's stonefly nymphs, size 8s and 10s; Copper John, Pheasant Tail, Prince and Hares Ears in 12 to 14.
- Dry flies: Yellow Stimulator, size 8s and 10s; Tan Elk Hair Caddis 14s; Purple Haze, Adams and similar flies in 14 and 16.
- Waders with felt soles are OK but we recommend the soles are washed before the trip to prevent micro organism transfer. See https://stopais.org/felt-information-regulations/
What to Bring for Camping
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
- Bring clothes for warmish daytime temperatures and chilly nights
- Rain gear
- Sun screen, hat, and dark glasses
- Folding Chair
- Water Bottle with liquid
Ekstrom's Stage Station is located at 81 Rock Creek Road, Clinton, Montana. Phone number is (406) 825-3183. Click here for website Ekstrom's
- Follow I-90 East to Exit 126
- Turn right on Rock Creek Road; continue for .8 miles
- Eckstrom's is on your right.
Lodging: We have set aside 13 tent sites for the club. If you prefer a teepee, cabin or RV site, you will need to set this up yourself. Laundry and showers are available.
Because this outing will require more extensive logistical efforts, the deadline for cancellation is 8:00 p.m. August 25; 2 weeks prior to the outing. There will be no refunds after the cancellation deadline. To cancel, log onto the NFA website with your email and password, go to the event, click on "Already Registered", and follow the prompts to cancel your registration.