NOTE- THE DATE OF THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM AUGUST TO JULY
Outing Hosts: Jim Watson and Russ ShropshireRegistration Fee: $25.00 (does not include hosts)
Big bushy dry flies are of special interest to the large (up to 20 inches) cutthroat that live in the Methow River. Nymphs will also tempt these cutthroat and the healthy rainbow population. The Methow is a great river to float; fishing is allowed from the boat. Other flowing water venues are the Twisp River and the Chewuck River; both best suited for wading. For the non-fishers, there is swimming, hiking, biking, shopping (Twisp’s Saturday farmers market and cowboy town Winthrop), and sightseeing (Grand Coolee Dam). We are camping at Lightning Pines Campground, on the river and across from the town of Methow. If you require only a tent site, you do NOT need to call Lightening Pines for a reservation. Reservations are required ONLY if you need an RV site/hookups/electricity. Camping and RV site fees will apply so please check with Lightning Pines Campground for fee information.
Food & Beverages:
The outings fee covers all of the meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch.
Bring your own wine, beer, or hard stuff.
You do not need to bring any cook gear or eating utensils.
What to Bring for Fishing
- Washington fishing license.
- 4-6 weight rods with floating lines and 3X and 4X leaders.
- Patterns would include bead-headed Prince nymphs (8s and 10s) and large yellow stimulators (or other grasshopper patterns).
- Waders, wading boots, and wading staff.
- Pontoon boat, rafts, or drift boat.
- PFD is always recommended for wading and riding in boats.
What to Bring for Camping
Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
Bring clothes for warmish daytime temperatures and chilly nights.
Sun screen, a hat, and dark glasses.
Water bottle with liquid
- From Wenatchee, follow Rtes. 2 and 97 north to Pateros.
- Turn left on Rte. 153.
- Pass through the town of Methow and turn right on Burma Rd. at the bridge.
- Follow the signs to Lightning Pines Campground.
To view pictures from previous outings, click here.
Cancellation Deadline: Deadline for cancellation is midnight on July 7th. There will be no refunds after the cancellation deadline. To cancel, log onto the NFA website with your email and password, go to the event, click on "Already Registered", and follow the prompts to cancel your registration.