Outing Hosts: Vance Thompson and Wytold Lebing
Registration Fee: $25.00
Big bushy dry flies are of special interest to the large (up to 20 inches) cutthroat that live in the Methow River. Nymphs will also tempt these cutthroat and the healthy rainbow population. The Methow is a great river to float; fishing is allowed from the boat. Other flowing water venues are the Twist River and the Chewuck River; both best suited for wading. For the non-fishers, there is swimming, hiking, biking, shopping (Twisp’s Saturday farmers market and cowboy town Winthrop), and sightseeing (Grand Coolee Dam). We are camping at Lightning Pines Campground, on the river and across from the town of Methow. If you require only a tent site, you do NOT need to call Lightening Pines for a reservation. Reservations are required ONLY if you need an RV site/hookups/electricity. Camping and RV site fees will apply so please check with Lightning Pines Campground for fee information.
Food & Beverages:
The outings fee covers all of the meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch.
Bring your own wine, beer, or hard stuff.
You do not need to bring any cook gear or eating utensils.
What to Bring for Fishing
- Washington fishing license.
- 4-6 weight rods with floating lines and 3X and 4X leaders. Patterns would include bead-headed Prince nymphs (8s and 10s) and large yellow stimulators (or other grasshopper patterns).
- Pontoon boat, rafts, or drift boat.
What to Bring for Camping
Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad
Change of clothes (You may get wet)
Camera (in a Ziplock bag)
- From Wenatchee, follow Rtes. 2 and 97 north to Pateros.
- Turn left on Rte. 153.
- Pass through the town of Methow and turn right on Burma Rd. at the bridge.
- Follow the signs to Lightning Pines Campground.
To view pictures from previous outings, click here.
Cancellation Deadline: Deadline for cancellation is midnight on Sunday before the event. If you need to cancel, please contact the Outing Host(s). There will be no refunds after the cancellation deadline.