Specific meeting point tbd based on fishing conditions as we get close to 8/15; To be announced two weeks prior to the outing
Outing Host: TBD
Date: August 15, 2020
Registration Fee: No charge, day outing
The Cedar River originates in the Cascades and flows approximately 45 miles to Lake Washington. The Cedar River is the primary water source for the City of Seattle and as a result the upper watershed is completely closed to public access. The lower river is open to catch and release fishing from just below Landsburg Dam (upstream of Maple Valley) all of the way down to the mouth of the river in Renton. The river is only open for fishing of the resident Rainbow Trout and Cutthroat Trout during June, July, and August. The rest of the year it is closed to all fishing to protect weak runs of Sockeye Salmon and Winter Steelhead.
Trout 10"-12" are very common. Trout 16"-19" are not unusual. They are not present behind every good-looking rock however and to find them requires some diligence.
What to Bring:
- Washington state fishing license
- 4-6 weight rods with floating line
- 3x,4x, and maybe 5x tippet, depending on which flies you use
- Waders, wading boots and staff
- Folding chair
- Rain gear
- hat and sunglasses
Food & Beverages:
- TBD, our outing host, will provide specific information as to where we will meet on the river approximately two weeks prior to the outing. Please register for the outing to make sure you receive these instructions.
Cancellation Deadline: The deadline for cancellation is August 13th. To cancel, log onto the NFA website with your email and password, go to the event, click on "Already Registered" and follow the prompts to cancel your registration.